This cake is super quick and super easy to make. The cake has gooey pockets of Nutella. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or chocolate) for extra decadence.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (35 grams)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Nutella, plus extra for topping
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder.
- Then add the egg yolk, milk and vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Pour the cake batter into a cup or mug (making sure there is enough room for the cake to rise without overflowing – do not fill the mug over half full).
- Add the Nutella in the middle of the batter. Then microwave the cake for about 80 seconds. Check at 60 seconds to see if the top of the cake is set.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes. Add extra Nutella on top and dig right in. Add some vanilla or chocolate ice cream for extra decadence.