It is that time of year again. I have to think about whether I am going to hand out Halloween Treats this year or just leave them outside the door. At least this year, I have a good reason to wear a mask if I answer the door. Then I have to think about what treats I should give out this year. Do I want to give out great Halloween Treats or do I want to give out Treats that no kid would like? Then I thought, what were the worst Halloween treats that I received as a kid? Here are my Top Ten Worst Halloween Treats of ALL TIME.
- Popcorn Balls. I always got popcorn balls trick-or-treating as a kid. I hated them, but my dog loved them.
- Wax Teeth. The teeth were cool. The liquid inside tasted horrible.
- Hard Candy Assortment. I always liked the Brach’s hard candy. The off-brand hard candy was horrible. It still is.
- Apples. Who wants apples for Halloween – especially the green Granny Smith? Caramel apples would be great, but I never got those.
- Circus Peanuts. There is nothing worse than a hard, stale circus peanut – unless it is a popcorn ball.
- Milk Duds. Is that really chocolate that covers the caramel? Is it really caramel in the center?
- Dum Dum Suckers. So many bad flavors. They were always left at the bottom of the bag and eventually got thrown away.
- Smarties. This is a great candy if you like if you like to eat chalk.
- Jolly Ranchers. Who eats this?
- Peanut Butter Kisses. They do not taste like peanut butter and I would never kiss someone after eating one.
That is my list. If you recall a horrible Halloween treat, share it; the scarier the story, the better.