Who doesn’t want chocolate for breakfast? You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total time: 30 min.
YIELD: 4 servings
- ¼ cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Optional: Maple syrup and additional butter
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and brown sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the flour, eggs, cream, nutmeg and cinnamon until smooth.
- Place butter in a 10-in. cast-iron skillet which has been heated to 425° in your oven. Pour batter into hot skillet. Sprinkle with chocolate chip mixture. Bake until top edges are golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately with syrup and butter if desired.
*Use mini-chips or chop up some bean to bar chocolate for a more intense chocolate experience.